Friday, February 6, 2009

About Me!!

Like most collectors, I was big into the hobby when I was just a kid and heavily influenced by my Uncle. He had the greatest collection of cards and sports memorable I had ever scene! I had the greatest time in the world when I went to his hobby shop on the weekends. I would spend hours just looking through the singles he had for sale and every once in awhile he would let me open a few packs (making sure I didn’t bend the corners) as he busted open a new box.

As I got older, like most collectors, I went away to college and didn’t have the money for cards especially when they started charging more and putting fewer cards in each pack. I returned to the hobby around the end of 2007 when I was organizing my childhood cards and remembering how much fun I had busting open packs. Inspired again, I found a hobby shop in my area and I started collecting again.

I am a big fan of the Dodgers and the 49ers, how I don’t know, considering I have lived in New York my whole life and everyone in my family are Yankee and Giants fans. The one good thing is that most people around here aren’t looking for the same cards as me when I go to card shows. I would considers my self a “player collector” even though I like to try and put together at least one set during the year purely for the enjoyment I get out of opening pack after pack from a box (Plus my girlfriend likes to open the packs too). I collect all Dodgers players except Andrew Jones (Glad he is gone) but I mostly collect James Loney, Russell Martin and Clayton Kershaw. I also collect all 49ers cards with a main focus on Steve Young because he was my favorite player growing up and I know the 49ers won’t lose him to free agency any time soon.

There are tons of great card blogs out there but I wanted to start my own blog for many reasons. I noticed many other collectors enjoy it and I also wanted my own place where I get to rant and throw my two cents in about how I feel about the hobby and where it is going. There are also many topics I would like to bring up that I haven’t seen in other blogs. I don’t expect to break any hobby news; I will leave that up to Mario at Wax Heaven (one of the best blog out there) Hopefully as my blog grows I would like to have the readers give me there opinions. If there is a topic you would like to see discussed, let me know and I would be more then happy to post it. I want this blog to be a place where people can list topics they would like to discuses but don’t have the time or resources to start there own blog.

I hope you enjoy!!!

Fredodap

2 comments:

  1. It's good to see that you've started your own blog. Good luck - I can't wait to read more of your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Hobby Blogosphere. Your site has now been added to the Sports Card Blogroll

    Sincerely,

    JayBee Anama
    bdj610

    ReplyDelete