Tuesday, February 10, 2009

One of My Favorite Cards

Now that I have my own blog I get to discuss whatever I like, so I want to talk a little about my one of my favorite cards. This card is from an insert set that didn’t get much attention in the collecting community. One of my favorite cards of all time is not an autograph card or even a relic cards it is 1995 Upper Deck Special Edition Celebration Card.

I still remember the day I bought the card; I was an 11 year old kid who loved nothing but 49ers and I’m not ashamed to admit it (but I did cry time after time when they lost to the Cowboys consecutive times). For this reason I still loath the cowboys and hope one day they will go 0-16. Sorry for the rant, back to the story- I had a friend who was a huge comic book fan so every month his dad would take us to the comic book shop. I wasn’t really into comics, I hated to read no matter what it was but the store had a little card section that kept me entertain while my buddy looked for the newest comics. I was looking through the singles, flipping through card after card when I saw the coolest card I had even seen! The card was a picture of Jerry Rice and Steve Young hugging it out after their victory in Super Bowl 29 over the San Diego Chargers. I bought it for two dollars in 1995 and have cherished ever since. This card is still the center pieces of my collection 14 years later. The reason why this card is one of my favorites is because every time I look at it I remember how great it felt when the game clock struck zero and the San Francisco 49ers finally won a Super Bowl. This card means even more to me now because god only knows when the next time the 49ers will be close to winning another Super Bowl!!! Now I am just hope for a wining record. I believe every collector has a card or two that they consider the center pieces of their collection, what’s yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment